Proverbs 16:9 "We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps."
Well, I am safe and sound, despite the path of destruction that hurricane Sandy caused in our area. We have been without power since Monday evening, and will likely not get it restored for a few more days... There are lots of trees down in our neighborhood, but no real damage to our house or the church. It's made for some added adventure in my plans to return to Ecuador, however. As you have probably heard, all airports in NY were closed during the storm, so my flight has been rescheduled to leave this Saturday morning, November 3rd, from JFK. I was grateful that I did not have a hard deadline for when I needed to be back in Quito, so these change of plans were an added gift from God. A few extra unexpected days to spend with friends and family :)
I got the latest newsletter from For His Children today (the orphanage where I will be serving). It reminded me and re-excited me for all that is waiting for me there. You can read all about it here.
Thanks for your continued prayers for our area and those realing from the hurricane destruction, my flight, and my transition back to Quito.
No comments:
Post a Comment