Thursday, November 29, 2012

An Update in Pictures

Here are a few pictures of some of the precious kiddos I get to spend my days with. I've also included a few pictures of the new babies that have arrived recently to FHC. So little!!
















I do a Bible class with the older kids once a week. Today's lesson was on Gabriel's message to Mary- that she would have a son and name him Jesus and he would be the Son of God. We then made angels that hopefully will decorate the Christmas tree when we put it up soon.




Jen and I went to a Christmas concert at the big cultural center here in Quito. Our friend Jilly helped to rehearse and direct the choir, and many of our friends sang in it. (I had met them in the choir that I was a part of when I was here Jan.-May).




Got to spend a day in Latacunga- a town 3 hours south of Quito, where the second site of FHC is located. We had to film many of the kids doing different activities. The video footage will be used by adoption agencies for perspective parents.



Latacunga is already decorated for Christmas!


Here are a few shots from Thanksgiving! We had about 25 friends over throughout the day, everyone bringing a dish or something to share. It was fun catching up with old friends and making new ones. We were quite the international group. We had people from all over the US, Ecuador, Finland, the Netherlands, and Brazil. Played some games including bilingual Catchphrase.










October/November Birthday Party! FHC does group birthday parties, celebrating all the kids who had birthdays throughout the month (or two). We recently celebrated birthdays of 5 little girls- complete with cake, snacks, gifts, musical chairs, and parachute play!









Tons of Fun! I am blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome!!! i know i haven't written you back on facebook yet, but i promise i will soon!!!!! :) lots of love!! -Rebekah :)

    ReplyDelete