Saturday, June 1, 2013

Exciting News!!

I imagine many of you have heard by now, but for those who we sadly have not been able to tell personally, I want you to know that on my trip home in May, Ryan and I got engaged!! 

I was able to spend about five days at home with friends and family there, then drove up to Boston for a quick visit with Eric and Leslie, and then made it up to Vermont. Ryan had planned a fabulous day for us- a hike in the morning- with beautiful views and perfect weather, a picnic lunch by the water (where he proposed) and a fancy dinner out to celebrate! Though we knew our relationship was headed towards marriage, I was pleasantly surprised by his proposal. He had been secretly asking some close friends what kind of rings I might like, getting advice and counsel from godly mentors about when to propose, and had the talk with my dad, all without my knowledge! 

I am so blessed to be marrying such an amazing guy and am so thankful to all of you who have prayed so faithfully for me (as well as Ryan (maybe unknowlingly!)) over the years. We feel so humbled to have been prayed for and to have received this incredible gift from God. 

Our family has seen such answers to prayer over the last few years and we are thrilled (and a bit busy :) to be planning three weddings in the next 9 months. God is good! 

Please continue to pray for Ryan and I as we navigate long-distance engagement! It's not easy. It was very difficult to leave him and home and family and come back to Ecuador for my remaining time. I know God has me here in Ecuador for this time and for his purposes and I am so blessed to be given this opportunity to serve. It doesn't make it easier, however, to be apart. 

Please pray that God would use the trials of long distance to refine us, draw us into closer relationship and dependence on God, to allow us to use our time apart to pour into and serve others, as well as to grow our communications skills with one another. 

We are planning our wedding for early March 2014. Please pray for me as well as I try to do some of the important initial wedding planning while also staying fully engaged in my work here. 

Pray also that God would lead and direct me (when I do finish up in mid-August) as I head home, then plan to move up to Vermont and look for a job and living situation there. Lots of changes coming our way. Prayer and praises to God for his continued faithfulness! 




No comments:

Post a Comment