Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Two weeks in Ecuador

So tomorrow I'll be heading back to Ecuador for a couple weeks, as I try to tie up some loose ends regarding my official return as well as leading a week long missions trip with a group from my church. Life has been very busy in the last few days and weeks- nannying, helping with VBS, enjoying the last few days with my brother before he moves to Ohio, eating lots of yummy food at different church BBQs, and seeking the Lord for strength and wisdom regarding future plans.

Amidst all the organized chaos, I am getting super excited. Lord willing, during my two week stay in Ecuador, I will be able to meet the orphanage director (who is an amazing woman of God and whose story I'm excited to hear in person!) for the first time, I'll be able to meet the adoptive family of two little girls that I worked with at the orphanage who are still in Ecuador having finally finished the official adoption process there, I'm hoping to have a few meetings with Extreme Response and the other programs I will be involved in when I return in the fall, plus I get to reconnect with lots of friends! Most of all, I'm excited to share this wonderful place, this beautiful country, these amazing children, and this passion of mine with others from my church family. I'm excited to see how God will work in and through our group this week. There have already been some unexpected changes (i.e.- the official group leader was injured this past week, making it impossible for her to go and thus creating a few extra responsibilities on my plate) and I know there will be more. I'm trusting that God will use these in my life and in the lives of those who are affected to refine us, stretching our faith and teaching us to live in reliance upon him.

I continue to stand amazed at how God is faithfully providing for the needed funds for me to return to Ecuador for a year of service with Extreme Response. Though I still have a ways to go, I am estimating that I am about 50-60% there. (I'll have a better idea on this when I get the official monthly update from the organization this week). Please continue praying that the remaining funds would come in (maybe you are part of the answer to that prayer?!). Thank you so much to all of you who have already given or committed to give. Your partnership with me in this faith journey is a joy. Philippians 1:4-6 "In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

Let me know if you need information on how to donate to my account.

No comments:

Post a Comment