This is a place for friends, family members, and passers-by to stay informed about what God is doing in my life. Ephesians 3:20-21a "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to the power that is at work within us, to HIM be glory..."
Friday, August 10, 2012
My Home away from Home...
I'm enjoying reconnecting with everyone here at FHC- the tias and the kiddos.
It's so nice to feel so welcomed and loved. It was also such a sweet time that I
was able to share with the adoptive family of the two girls that I worked w/
here at the orphanage. I went over there for lunch yesterday and was blown away
by the love and faith this family has for the Lord and eachother, the way the
girls have learned so much English already!!, the care and interest they
demonstrated towards me, and hearing the story of how God has brought them now
to this point and their hearts for adoption. What a blessing they are and an
example of humble servants just trying to obey the Lord. We also had a great
dinner last night with a group of folks that are here from a huge (10,000
member!!!) church in Georgia, that Melinda, the director, is trying to have come
on board as parterns/supporters of the orphanage. The adoptive
parents and older sister of the two girls also joined us to share their story with the group as
well. Each of the couples had either been involved in missions to orphans or had
adopted a child before. We had a wonderful time of prayer with one of the
pastors who is in the midst of adopting two children and is facing some
important court dates in the coming weeks. I was able to finally meet Melinda
and briefly speak with her about my love for this place and my excitement to be
involved working here for the upcoming year. I was encouraged that she was so
excited to have me on board, especially with the experience and abilities that
God has blessed me with. I just love how God connects, networks, and blesses
people through this incredible ministry! I am so humbled and blessed to be a
part of it and can't wait to share it with the group that will be coming down
late tonight. Please pray that God would be working in the hearts of those who
come and that there would be a true sense of unity, trust, service, and humility
amongst our group. Pray that God would clearly speak to each individual and use
them for HIS glory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment