Sunday, January 27, 2013

Birthday Blessings

So I celebrated my 27th birthday this month. It was only the second time in my life that it was actually WARM on my birthday! I was always so jealous of so many of my friends who had summer birthdays, so I thoroughly enjoyed not freezing this year :) 

It was super fun to celebrate with friends here as well as connect with many friends and family at home by skype. During my birthday weekend, I had a great lunch at a friends' house- complete with many hummingbird sitings and a relaxing swing in her hammock! Afterwards, Jen organized a great scavenger hunt through parts of Quito, that ended with a yummy dinner out with friends (oh... and about 7 Ecuadorians who I'd never even met before :). One of my friends here shares my birthday, so we had fun being birthday twins for the day. 

On my actual birthday, I enjoyed spending some time here with the kids, getting a massage!, and getting dinner at one of my favorite restaurants here.









I also took some time to reflect over the past year and all that God has done in my life.... I've spent about 6 months in Ecuador- having my heart broken over the issues of sex trafficking and adoption. I've been able to see many of my extended family members at least a couple times. I was able to be a part of helping my extended family move my grandmother from her home of 50+ years into a retirement home.  I've spent some awesome time with my family both on vacation and at home and in my brothers' new homes. I've seen numerous adoptions take place. I've had the privilege of leading a week long missions trip from our church to Ecuador. I've seen God work powerfully in many people's lives- answering many many prayers. I've met an incredible guy <3. I've seen God provide (through many amazing friends and family!) for my financial support for the year. I've made many new friends and strengthened relationships with others. And I've seen my relationship with the Lord grow as well. I am truly blessed!  


No comments:

Post a Comment