Saturday, January 21, 2012

Blessed and Amazed

God is so good. I have seen him at work in my life over the past few months and am excited to follow where he leads. I am continuing on this journey this week, as I head down to Quito, Ecuador to volunteer at For His Children orphanage for the next three or so months. (http://www.forhischildren-ecuador.org/) I cannot begin to imagine what I will experience, but through it all, I know that God will be working in me to make me more into the likeness of his son. My prayer is that God will use me, challenge me, and change me for his glory!

Last night I celebrated both my 26th birthday and my upcoming departure to Ecuador with about 50 close friends. I was abundantly blessed by their love, generosity, support and prayers. I know that I do not take this step of faith alone!

I leave you with this quote from Charles Spurgeon (Treasury of the Bible, 5:320) to direct your thoughts to God's unchanging goodness.

"God is good. This is reason enough to give Him thanks; goodness is His essence and nature, and therefore He is always to be praised whether we are receiving anything from Him or not. ...In the truest sense He alone is good. ...If others seem to be good, He IS good. If others are good in a measure, He is good beyond measure. ... It is not only that he was good, and will be good, but He IS GOOD!"

How have you seen his goodness evidenced in your life recently??

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on this beautiful new site and God's richest blessings on the journey ahead of you. It has been my joy and privilege, Kathryn, to experience this opportunity unfold before our eyes!

    Blessings and love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you!! My heart is for the orphan and I desire to be involved with orphan work. I hope you will be very happy ministering to these children! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn,

    We are so excited and thankful for this opportunity God has given you, and for your obedience to His calling. We look forward to see how He works in and through you to accomplish His will. We love you! Kim Mallette

    ReplyDelete